Blakely Hunze, LPC, NCC
Blakely is a licensed therapist in our Colorado Springs location.
She enjoys working with high functioning (“over controlled”) clients who find themselves presenting “perfectly” on the outside but feeling overwhelmed internally. She takes a compassionate, warm approach to evidenced-based therapy and enjoys working with clients who are anxious about trying therapy. She is passionate about helping clients realize how their coping strategies have been resilient and teach them skills that will improve their quality of life. She works with teens and adults and is skilled in working with those struggling with addiction, trauma, perfectionism, and sexual dysfunction.
When she is not working, she is exploring new hiking trails and adventuring in the woods. She enjoys quality time with her partner and 2 dogs, drinking coffee, and being outdoors.
Top Specialty Areas
- Identity/sexuality exploration
- Sports anxiety
Top Therapy Modalities
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Education and Experience
- Prior roles in working in a treatment center for adolescent males, DBT based practice, and has experience working with complex trauma and dissociation.
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an addiction specialization from Lipscomb University
- Undergraduate degree in Anthropology with a concentration in forensics from Middle Tennessee State University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Board Certified Counselor (NCC)
- EMDRIA trained Eye Movement Desensitization (EMDR)