Kelsey Piller, LPC, LAC
Kelsey is a licensed professional counselor and licensed addictions counselor in our Colorado Springs location.
She takes a strength-based approach to therapy, recognizing the incredible resources that each person has which has helped them get through tough times. Using evidenced-based approaches, she works with clients to help them best utilize and grow these strengths, while also developing new skills. She works to build a collaborative and accepting space where clients feel comfortable navigating challenges and concerns together. Kelsey enjoys working with adolescents, military members/first responders, and spouses. By personalizing therapy to the client’s strengths, while also offering a collaborative and accepting stance, she helps those struggling with depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma, and life transitions learn to cope in more effective ways.
When not working as a counselor, she is likely meeting with her book club, hosting dinners with friends, or traveling. Together with her partner and dog, she enjoys photography, hiking, and exploring Colorado.
Top Specialty Areas
- Adjustment/Life Transitions
Top Therapy Modalities
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Education and Experience
- Prior roles working in community mental health, in non-profits, and as a military counselor.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
- EMDRIA trained Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- M.A. in Counseling and Human Services from University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Undergraduate training from Regis University