Trudy Woodard, LPC, NBCC
Trudy Woodard is a Licensed Therapist in our Colorado Springs location.
She takes an evidence-based approach to therapy yet recognizes that finding the right therapist can be a bit overwhelming and scary. She works to build a non-judgemental space where patients feel comfortable exploring concerns and issues. Trudy enjoys working with adolescence, military members/first responders, and spouses. By personalizing therapy and offering a nonjudgmental stance, she helps those struggling with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, grief, and trauma learn to cope in more effective ways.
When not working as a counselor, she is likely playing with her six Corgis and German Short-Hair Pointer. Together with her blended family (husband, two boys, one daughter, and two grandchildren), she loves spending time outside – hiking, playing and relaxing as much as possible.
Top Specialty Areas
- Adjustment/Life Transitions
Top Therapy Modalities
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Education and Experience
- Prior roles working in crisis and domestic violence centers, in non-profits, as a military counselor, and in private practice
- Volunteer firefighter/EMT-B with an appreciation of all our first responders
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist
- EMDRIA trained Eye Movement Desensitization (EMDR)
- National Board-Certified Counselor (NBCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- M.A. in Clinical Mental health counseling from Walden University
- Undergraduate training from Ashford University