Catherine Whiting, PhD, ABPP
Dr. Catherine Whiting works in our Colorado Springs location.
She is originally trained as a Health Psychologist, thus she enjoys working with people as they heal and recover from emotional issues and from physical illness (e.g., cancer, heart, kidney, chronic pain, etc.). She has extensive training and experience in evidence-based therapy working with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, PTSD, caregiver fatigue, and relationship concerns. Her clients know her to be warm, engaging, and unconditionally supportive.
Originally from Texas and now a Coloradadian, she enjoys camping, cooking, and spending time with her family which includes: 4 pets, two kids, and one spouse!
Top Specialty Areas
- Chronic pain
- Health Concerns (Cancer treatment support, smoking cessation, sleep issues, organ transplant support)
Top Therapy Modalities
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Education and Experience
- Board Certified Clinical Health Psychologist (ABPP)
- Fellow American Psychooncology Society
- Extensive hospital, private practice & integrated behavioral health experience
- Knowledgeable in military culture with therapist experience at several military bases, the DoD, and private practice
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas, Dell Medical School
- Postdoctoral training at University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Psychology at the University of Memphis
- Undergraduate training from the University of Texas at Permian Basin