David Mills, LPC
Inclined towards cognitive therapies and processing, David takes an evidenced based approach to help individuals overcome a variety of challenges. He understands finding a counselor who is a good fit can sometimes be intimidating, but strives to create a space in which clients feel relaxed and open to processing their struggles and insecurities. David enjoys working with adolescents and adults of all backgrounds. He tailors his therapeutic approach to clients, helping with concerns of anxiety, depression, trauma, suicidal thoughts, and grief.
Outside of the office, he enjoys making music and can be found playing at venues in Colorado Springs and Denver. David spends the summer months backpacking, rafting, and exploring the mountains with his Australian Heeler.
Top Specialty Areas
- Adjustment/ Life Transitions
- Grief and loss
Top Therapy Modalities
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
Education and Experience
- Prior roles as a detox counselor and case manager in community mental health.
- Trained in Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Board-Certified Counselor (NBCC)
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Adams State University
- Undergraduate degree in Counseling Psychology from Colorado Mesa University