Megan Cullen, LPC
Megan is a Licensed Therapist in our Colorado Springs location.
Megan works alongside her clients to curate a personalized approach built of multiple evidenced-based practices and recognizes that many folx don’t quite know what to expect from therapy. She truly enjoys the work that she does and works hard to create a space clients find to be nonjudgmental, safe, and – dare we say it – fun.
Megan enjoys working with anyone who has
experienced trauma, the LGBTQIA+ community – of which she is a part, military members/veterans, and older adolescents. Through an appropriate dose of humor and an immense amount of heart, she helps those struggling with trauma, anxiety, depression, sexual difficulties, gender affirmation, identity, and interpersonal relationships to grow beyond the things that threaten to hold them down. Megan invests in her clients and celebrates every victory – even the tiny ones – because she knows the road is hard but worth traversing.
When not working as a therapist, she is likely playing with her kiddo, reading some new series
she’s obsessed with, exploring a new craft, or again attempting to keep plants alive. She loves learning new things in a multitude of different areas and laughing as much as possible.
Top Specialty Areas
- Sexual Concerns
- Sexual/Gender Identity
Top Therapy Modalities
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Education and Experience
- Prior roles working in the interpersonal violence prevention and response field as
advocate, case manager, and director, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), inpatient
and intensive outpatient programs, higher education, civilian military service, and
community mental health
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT),
and Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Member American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- MSEd in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Old Dominion University
- BS in Psychology from Northeastern University