Sara Velez, PsyD
Dr. Sara Velez is a Licensed Therapist at our Colorado Springs location.
She takes an evidence-based approach to therapy, while expertly tailoring treatment to help you explore how you can help yourself find peace, liberation, and healing.
Dr. Velez also has an existential flair that allows patients to explore the meaning of life at any stage or age. She is happy to support you in processing how you utilize your own personal Spirituality or Religious background as yet another coping mechanism for life’s many challenging transitions.
If you are struggling to adjust to life changes, such as chronic illness, an injury, pain, or trauma, Dr. Velez may be a great match for you.
Please come and see her for those pre-surgical evaluations as well. She is passionate about walking beside you on your journey to provide guidance and structure in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
Outside of working as a clinician, Dr. Velez lives an artistic lifestyle. She may be found making beeswax candles, crafting jewelry, painting, or refinishing a piece of furniture.
She may even be meditating, practicing Reiki, or spending time outside with friends, family and pets.
Top Specialty Areas
- Chronic Illness & Other Medical Issues
- Physical Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Depression & Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment To Life Changes
- Grief & Loss
- Pre-surgical evaluations
- Active-Duty Military & Veterans
- Coping skills related to/affected by your Spiritual or Religious background
Top Therapy Modalities
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure
- Exposure and Response Prevention
- Existential Therapy
Education and Experience
- Interdisciplinary team member in a variety of settings for individuals and families coping with medical illness, injuries, chronic pain, trauma, and more.
- Give An Hour Provider for Post-9/11 Military & their families
- Licensed Psychologist
- Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- M.S. in Counseling & Clinical Health Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- B.A. in Psychology, French, & Women’s Studies from University of Wisconsin-Madison