Wendy Kendall, LCSW
Wendy Kendall is a Licensed Therapist in our Colorado Springs location.
Clients will be greeted by Wendy’s kind and empathetic demeanor along with a mix of humor
and directness. Wendy is passionate about human interaction, human behavior and learning about what drives others.
Wendy takes an evidence-based approach to therapy. Eye Movement Desensitization and
Reprocessing (EMDR) is her main therapeutic focus. EMDR is highly effective at treating many
conditions such as PTSD, addiction, anger issues, anxiety and depression.
Wendy also recognizes that finding the right therapist can be a bit overwhelming. Wendy meets
her clients where they are and works to build a strong therapeutic rapport and a non-judgmental
space where her clients can feel comfortable exploring concerns and issues.
Wendy enjoys working individually with adults, military members and other first responders as
well as their spouses. By personalizing therapy and collaborating with her clients to help them meet their therapeutic goals, she helps those struggling with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, grief, and trauma learn to cope in more effective ways.
When not working as a counselor, Wendy is likely spending time with friends and family,
exercising or enjoying live music. She also loves spending time outside hiking, paddleboarding
and relaxing as much as possible.
Top Specialty Areas
- Adjustment/Life Transitions
- Anger Issues
Top Therapy Modalities
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Education and Experience
- Prior work experience includes private practice and working with drug and alcohol
- EMDRIA Trained Eye Movement Desensitization (EMDR)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Master of Social Work from The Ohio State University